This zesty, full-bodied Maestro® Sweet Bell Pepper dish is great served over pasta. The sauce also tastes excellent when used to cook halibut or snapper in.
- Heat oven to 450°F.
- Place the whole Maestro® Sweet Bell Peppers on a baking sheet and roast in oven until charred (about 20 minutes).
- Place the Maestro® Sweet Bell Peppers in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let sit until cool. Remove seeds from peppers, peel and chop.
- Heat a large skillet on medium/high, add olive oil and butter. Season chicken pieces with salt and pepper and brown in the skillet. Remove from skillet, set aside the pan and chicken.
- Zest lemon and remove lemon sections. In a food processor, add lemon zest, lemon pulp, chopped anchovies, roasted Maestro® Sweet Bell peppers, capers and chili flakes. Purée. Add tomato sauce, kosher salt and purée to blend.
- Place skillet back on the stove at medium/low heat, add cacciatore sauce and chicken. Simmer until chicken is cooked through (approximately 15 minutes).
- Add chopped basil and serve over pasta or rice.
Recipe Created By
Award Winning Food & Hospitality Consultant at SOL Kitchen – Vancouver, British Columbia