Our vision is to continue building a company operated by like-minded individuals who demonstrate commitment, dedication and passion. We encourage workforce diversity and promote the unique ideas and experiences of our people, which helps us evolve with the rapid change of a global community.
|Title||Job ID #||Location|
|Farm Worker||WFW02052018||Delta, BC|
|Maintenance Electrician||WSW26102018||Santa Maria, CA|
Location: Delta, BC
Windset Farms® is looking for individuals who are interested in full time, permanent or seasonal work, in our greenhouse facility in Delta, BC. We are looking for people who are available during the week, and on weekends. 40+ hours per week.
The tasks required of the position include:
- Plant Care (Picking, De-leafing, Pruning, Clipping)
- Sorting and Grading
- Operating and Maintaining Farm Machinery and Equipment
- Loading Produce and Products for Transport
These positions are available for individuals who already have the legal ability to work in Canada. Location: 3660 – 41B Street, Delta British Columbia V4K 3N2.
Job ID: WFW02052018
Location: Santa Maria, CA
Windset Farms® is looking for an individuals who is interested in full time work as a Maintenance Electrician, in our greenhouse facility in Santa Maria, CA.
This Maintenance Electrician will primarily be responsible for ensuring a safe, comfortable, functional operating environment by completing assigned work order projects; performing a wide variety of skilled and unskilled maintenance activities (i.e. troubleshooting, diagnosing, and repairing mechanical, electrical, plumbing, ventilating, water treatment, utility, and hydraulic systems, as well as, alarms, boilers, machines; and, training and assisting other maintenance workers, as well as, executing preventative maintenance on equipment.
Primary responsibilities to include:
- Maintaining a California State General Electrician Certification
- Perform scheduled preventative and predictive maintenance on machinery and equipment
- Install, repair, and maintain mechanical, electrical, process, and support machinery, equipment, and systems
- Support production by troubleshooting and repairing equipment (e.g., mechanical, electrical) failures
- Use gauges and test instruments to diagnose malfunctions and failures
- Fabricate and install new equipment for assigned projects
- Maintaining equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt
- Preparing maintenance reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing
- Act as “On Call” Technician periodically to be available for urgent facility/operations issues
- Make safety a priority in all daily activities and attend weekly safety meetings
- Use computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) for work orders and maintenance procedures
- Capture and maintain information on equipment deficiencies, and communicate information effectively with facilities engineer/or manager and co-workers
- Assist other maintenance or operations team members when required
- Maintain housekeeping standards and maintains shop cleanliness
- Implement all safe work practices and programs including, but not limited to those that support personnel safety, process safety, product safety, and environmental safety
- Programming and implementation of PLC/VLC systems
- Working inside, working around machines with moving parts and moving objects, radiant and electric energy, working closely with others, working alone, working prolonged or irregular hours
- Cart/Vehicle maintenance
- Conduct advanced plumbing jobs
- Conduct advanced electrical jobs
- Replace broken windows; repairs doors, door locks and installs windows
- Responds to emergency maintenance requests as required
Job ID: WSW26102018
If you would like to be considered for future opportunities at Windset Farms®, please send us your résumé using the following form.