A grown up and deconstructed Virtuoso® Beefsteak Tomato BLT. If pancetta is unavailable, good quality bacon can be substituted. This recipe also works well with goat cheese instead of blue cheese!
- Pre-heat oven to 375ºF.
- Place pancetta slices on a baking sheet topped with parchment paper. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until crisp. Remove and drain on paper towels.
- In a small bowl, whisk together rice vinegar, Dijon, garlic and shallot. Slowly whisk in olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place ¼ cup of olive oil on a baking sheet in 375ºF oven. Heat for 2 minutes, carefully remove and place cubed bread in the oil.
- Return baking sheet to oven and toast for 3 minutes. Carefully remove baking sheet and turn the croutons. Return to oven for another 3 minutes. Remove from oven and transfer to a bowl. Toss with garlic and salt.
- To assemble salad, divide arugula and tomatoes between 4 plates. Drizzle with dressing and add a piece of pancetta to each. Break Bresse cheese into pieces and sprinkle onto salads. Finish each salad with warm croutons and serve.