The roasted lemons in this salad give it a fantastic burst of citrus. This Tomatoes on the Vine recipe works well for a meal at any time of the day!
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Bring a small saucepan of water to boil and cook the lemon slices for 2 minutes. Drain well and add lemons to a bowl with 1 tbsp of oil, salt and sugar.
- Gently mix and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, until the lemons have dried out slightly.
- Meanwhile bring a saucepan of water to a boil and add quinoa. Simmer for about 10 minutes, until cooked through. Drain and set aside to cool.
- In a bowl, combine the tomatoes, allspice, parsley, mint, onion, remaining olive oil and apple cider vinegar.
- Toss with the quinoa and season to taste with salt and pepper. Garnish with lemon slices and serve.