Topped with Concerto® Grape Tomatoes, this flatbread is particularly tasty served plain with hummus and olives. You can also grill the flatbread and freeze for future use.
- In an electric mixer fitted with a dough hook, mix water and yeast and let stand for 5 minutes. Gradually pour in 2 cups of flour. Mix for 1 minute and form a sponge. Let stand, covered for at least an hour.
- Put bowl back in mixer. Add salt, olive oil and flour, ½ cup at a time to form dough (should be slightly sticky). Knead.
- Place in a clean, oiled bowl. Cover and allow dough to rise for about 2 hours.
- Divide dough into 4 balls. Rest for 10 minutes and roll out into 8-inch rounds.
- Preheat grill to medium/high.
- Brush flatbread dough with olive oil and toss on grill. Grill both sides to a golden brown and remove.
- Spread one side with ricotta, season with garlic salt and ground pepper. Scatter tomatoes and fresh oregano over flatbreads and serve immediately.
Recipe Created By
Award Winning Food & Hospitality Consultant at SOL Kitchen – Vancouver, British Columbia