Warm up your guests with this Campari Tomato Manhattan-style clam chowder.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, add olive oil and cook bacon until crisp.
- With a slotted spoon, transfer bacon to paper towels to drain.
- In the remaining fat, cook onion and celery for 5 minutes. Add garlic and salt and sauté for two minutes.
- In a bowl, whisk together clam juice, tomato paste and add to saucepan. Add potatoes and tomatoes and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Add clams and parsley and bring back to simmer.
- Serve chowder sprinkled with the reserved bacon.