This Tango® Tomato and Maestro® Sweet Bell Pepper Hummus is a staple that should be in your fridge at all times! It is a quick and healthy snack that is great on the go.
- In a pot over low/medium heat, simmer the tomatoes with the olive oil, garlic and fresh thyme for 10 minutes.
- Reserve the oil, discard the thyme or rosemary sprigs.
- In a table top mixer, add the green chick peas, the regular garbanzo beans and the strained tomatoes. Puree for 20 seconds.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add half of the olive oil/garlic mixture that you cooked the tomatoes in, as well as the roasted pepper. Puree for another minute
- Serve with fresh, raw Tango® Tomatoes with crackers or other veggies. Fresco® Mini Cucumbers are the perfect accompaniment!