A perfect Campari Tomato and Maestro® Bell Pepper Ketchup!
- Halve 2 tomatoes, season with salt and black pepper and slow roast at 275ºF for approximately 2 hours on a baking sheet, cut side up.
- Roast bell peppers whole at 375ºF, for 30 minutes, peel, seed, and chop.
*Both steps can be done a day in advance.
- In a large pot, sauté onion in canola oil until tender. Add garlic and continue sautéing for 5 minutes over medium heat. Add honey, red wine vinegar and tomato paste.
- Stir to incorporate and add roasted tomatoes and bell peppers.
- Simmer for an hour over low heat with a tight fitting lid.
- After an hour, season with salt and cracked black pepper, purée in a blender and put into jars or containers and refrigerate.
Serve as a condiment for French fries, burgers or hotdogs, to name a few!
**Will last about 1 month in the refrigerator.