A perfect Allegro® tomato and Maestro® Sweet Bell pepper ketchup!
- Slice 2 Allegro® tomatoes, season with salt and black pepper and slow roast at 275ºF for approximately 2 hours on a baking sheet, cut side up.
- Roast Maestro® sweet bell peppers whole at 375ºF, for 30 minutes, peel and seed.
**Both steps can be done a day in advance.
- In a large pot sauté onion in canola oil until tender. Add garlic and continue sautéing for 5 minutes over medium heat. Add honey, red wine vinegar and tomato paste.
- Stir to incorporate and add Allegro® tomatoes and the Maestro® sweet bell peppers.
- Simmer for an hour over low heat with a tight fitting lid.
- After an hour, season with salt and cracked black pepper, purée in a blender and put into jars or containers in fridge.
Serve as a condiment for French fries, turkey burgers or hotdogs!
**Will last about 1 month in the refrigerator.