Not only is this fiery Hot Pepper Jelly Sauce full of heat, it’s full of flavor too!
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium/high heat. Add onion and hot peppers and sauté until onions begin to brown (about 5 minutes).
- Add garlic, ginger, all of the spices, salt and sugar. Cook for 2 minutes, add tomatoes and vinegar. Turn heat down to medium and cook, stirring occasionally, until tomatoes begin to break down (about 12 minutes).
- Place the cooked sauce in a blender. Be very careful putting hot ingredients into a blender; place a kitchen towel over top of the blender and place your hand on top BEFORE turning it on. This way the lid will not come off while you are blending.
- Pour puréed mixture through a fine sieve over a medium bowl. Push on the solids to extract all the liquid. Cool and refrigerate.
- This recipe yields 2 cups and will last for up to one month in the fridge.