Our flavorful Tomatoes on the Vine are ideal for this succulent and satisfying soup with a deep tomato richness. Hearty enough to be a main dish, this soup is also a lovely starter to a light lunch or dinner.
- Pre-heat oven to 450°F.
- Place tomatoes, onions and garlic on a baking tray. Line tray for easy clean-up.
- Drizzle olive oil over tomatoes, season with salt and pepper. Roast in pre-heated oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove tomatoes from oven, transfer to large soup pot. Add stock and bay leaves, bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Discard bay leaves from pot. Wash, dry and add basil. Return soup to low heat and add yoghurt. Stir until mixed, take off heat. Allow to cool slightly.
- Pureer in blender. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve and enjoy!