Great with pasta and tomato sauce, this Concerto® Classic Grape Tomato and Adagio® Baby Eggplant fricassee excels on its own or with grilled lamb or pork. It’s also fantastic in a tortilla wrap with goat cheese.
- In a large non-stick skillet, heat 2 tbsp. of olive oil over medium/high heat. Add Adagio® Baby Eggplants and cook until nicely browned on both sides. Season with some kosher salt and place on a paper towel to absorb excess oil. Wipe out the skillet and reheat.
- Heat 2 tbsp. of olive oil, add zucchini and pointed hot pepper. Nicely brown and remove from pan. Season with some kosher salt and set aside on a paper towel.
- Heat remaining olive oil and add red onion. Sauté for 3 minutes. Add garlic, thyme and pointed hot pepper and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Combine Adagio® Baby Eggplant, zucchini, Gusto® Mixed Hot Pepper, onions, garlic, thyme, Concerto® Classic Grape Tomatoes, basil and Vincotto in a large bowl and season to taste with kosher salt.
- Serve with grilled lamb chops.
*Vincotto is made from grape must and is available at specialty food stores.