Peppers for dessert? Who knew! Roasting Maestro® Sweet Bell Peppers brings out their natural sweetness and provides a unique addition to a classic dessert!
- Roast 2 whole yellow peppers at 375ºF for 30 minutes. Peel, seed and purée. Yields one cup. Turn oven down to 300ºF.
- In a pot over medium heat, bring cream to a boil.
- Whisk together sugar and egg yolks in a bowl. Add pureed pepper.
- Pour cream over egg and sugar mixture and pass through a fine mesh strainer.
- Ladle mixture into ramekins and set in a water bath. Bake at 300ºF for 40 minutes.
- When the brulées are set, remove from water bath and cool in the fridge.
- To finish, sprinkle the top with more sugar and caramelize with a torch.