Roasted Adagio® baby eggplants build the flavors in this delicious soup.
- Soak black beans in 8 cups of cold water overnight.
- Brush eggplants with olive oil and salt and roast at 375ºF for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and scrape out the flesh.
- In a large pot over medium heat, sauté white onions with carrots, celery, garlic and oregano.
- Add black beans and soaking liquid. Add eggplant flesh, bay leaf and cook for 30 minutes until beans are tender.
- Remove bay leaves and purée.
- Season with salt and pepper.