Puff pastry is a baker’s best friend. Pair it with this quick and easy Concerto® Grape Tomato, Cranberry and Almond Pesto for a great appetizer.
- Preheat oven to 365°F.
- Cut puff pastry into two inch squares.
- Pierce the dough all over with a fork and brush with beaten egg.
- Bake until golden brown.
- In a pot over medium heat, bring tomatoes, cranberries and cranberry juice to a boil and simmer for 20 minutes until the mixture has broken down and liquid has reduced by half.
- Place mixture in a food processor and purée with slivered almonds.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the mixture onto puff tarts. Serve and enjoy.