Just like mom used to make! This recipe uses the sweetness of our Maestro® Bell Peppers to make a moist, perfect banana bread.
- Preheat oven to 325ºF.
- Melt butter and add sugar in a large mixing bowl. Add eggs and bananas, blend until smooth. Add flours, salt and baking soda.
- Stir in hot water and walnuts.
- Add roasted pepper purée.
- Separate the mixture between 2 loaf pans (or as individual muffins).
- Bake for 1 hour and let cool. (Or for 25 minutes if you are making muffins)
- Beat the softened butter for 5 minutes until light and fluffy in mixer.
- Add maple syrup, pepper purée and combine.
- Serve at room temperature.