A nifty Adagio® Baby Eggplant and Maestro® Sweet Bell Pepper lunch – with Concerto® Grape Tomato jam – for kids or adults who miss that back-to-school feeling.
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F
- Cut eggplants into quarts, lengthwise. Score with a knife to create deep cuts through the flesh.
- Drizzle eggplants with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast in pre-heated oven for 25 minutes.
- Roast the Maestro® Bell Peppers in the same oven for 20 minutes, let cool.
- Peel and seed peppers and roughly chop until a chunky purée.
- Peel or ‘scoop’ the flesh of the eggplant out and finely chop it until it is puréed.
- Season with salt and pepper and add cheddar, mix to incorporate.
- In a small pot, bring honey, vinegar, water & sea salt to a simmer, turn off the heat and drop in Concerto® Grape Tomatoes. Let cool.
- To build the quesadilla, spread eggplant and roasted yellow pepper dip on face of a tortilla.
- Add Concerto® Grape Tomato jam to taste
- Fold and grill or bake until crispy – but not too crispy!
- Pack in lunch container. Send child to school. Take rest of day off.
*You can add chicken or other meat
**Substitute cheddar if preferred
Recipe Created By
Ocean Wise Executive Chef – Vancouver Aquarium