This succulent Maestro® Red Sweet Bell Pepper, Roma Tomato dish is ideal for roast turkey, ham or beef.
- Pre-heat oven to 450ºF.
- Place peppers, whole, on a baking sheet and roast in oven until charred (about 20 minutes).
- Place roasted peppers in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let sit until cool, seed and peel. Set aside. Turn oven down to 350ºF.
- Heat extra virgin olive oil and butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook until lightly browned. Add garlic and herbs, sauté for 2 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, mix together onion mixture, roasted peppers, capers and Roma Tomato slices. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Butter an 8″ x 10″ baking dish and layer half of the mixture from step 5. Top this with goat cheese and layer with remaining mixture. Scatter panko on top and bake for 30 minutes or until top is golden brown.