Looking to up your salad game this Summer? You can start with this delicious Mediterranean Chickpea Salad, filled with Fresco® Seedless Cucumbers, Maestro® Bell Peppers and Concerto® Grape Tomatoes!
- In a large bowl, combine the olive oil, garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt, and several grinds of pepper.
- In a small skillet over medium-low heat, toast the cumin seeds until aromatic, about 30 seconds. Remove from the heat and crush them a bit (a mortar & pestle is easiest for this). Add them to the bowl and stir.
- Add the chickpeas, tomatoes, dates, cucumbers, red pepper, and parsley to the bowl and toss.
- Transfer to a serving platter and dollop with the goat cheese, sprinkle with mint, and top with the extra roasted chickpeas, if desired.
- Season to taste and serve.