A fresh, tender fish meal with Concerto® Grape Tomatoes and Adagio® Baby Eggplants.
- Lightly season eggplant slices with salt and pepper. Brush with olive oil.
- Pre-heat grill on med-high, grill eggplant for 1-2 min per side. Set aside.
- Tissue off excess moisture from sablefish, lightly season with salt & pepper.
- Heat pan to med-high. Add canola oil. Sauté sablefish filet until lightly browned on surface (3-4 min each side).
- Carefully wrap eggplant around sablefish pieces and arrange over two plates.
- Mix water and cornstarch in separate bowl.
- Heat saucepan to med-high, add chicken stock, soy sauce, sake, ginger slivers, salt, sugar and cornstarch-water mixture. Simmer for 3 min.
- Add all other ingredients – tomatoes, asparagus, sea scallops & prawns. Simmer 2 min or until scallops & prawns are lightly cooked.
- Spoon veggies, scallops, prawn mixture evenly over sablefish.
- Garnish with finely sliced green onion & chili pepper.
Recipe Created By
Owner, Chef of Tojo's Restaurant, Vancouver BC