This Cameo® Tomato recipe will become a new family favorite. It is addictive and simple! While best cooked in a slow cooker, a heavy Staub-style casserole dish works perfectly too.
- Pre-heat oven to 375°F if using a Staub-style casserole dish
- Mix together brown sugar, cinnamon, cumin, turmeric, black pepper and sea salt.
- Mix the dry seasoning sugar/spice blend with the chicken legs, set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, greek yogurt, apple juice, grated apples, lemon and orange juice and zest, (stir the ingredients well).
- Add the seasoned chicken legs.
- Mix all ingredients together and add to the slow cooker , or place in a Staub-style Casserole dish.
- Cook for 1 hour in slow cooker on high heat or bake in pre heated 375 degree oven for 1 hour.
- Check after 1 hour to see if the chicken is thoroughly cooked, sample the sauce and adjust with sea salt to taste, cook for another 15 minutes if necessary.
- Serve with brown or 7 grain rice, steamed spuds and/or steamed veggies.