A fantastic Parmesan bread pudding using our Adagio® Baby Eggplants. This cheesy and savory side dish is perfect with braised meats.
- Pre-heat oven to 450ºF.
- Place whole Maestro® Bell Peppers on a baking sheet and roast in the oven until charred (approx. 20 minutes). Place in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let the peppers sit until cool, then seed and peel. Set aside.
- Turn the oven down to 350ºF.
- Lightly beat 2 eggs in a bowl and place flour in another bowl.
- Heat olive oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. Working in batches, dip eggplant into the egg mixture and then into the flour and shaking off any excess flour. Fry eggplants, 4-5 slices at a time, turning over once, until golden brown. Rest on paper towels. Season with salt.
- Heat whipping cream and milk over medium heat and bring to a simmer. Remove immediately. In a large mixing bowl, whisk the remaining 6 eggs and slowly whisk in the warm cream.
- Heat ¼ cup of butter in a small skillet over medium heat and add shallots, garlic and fresh thyme. Sauté briefly (approx. 3 minutes) and remove from heat.
- Place cubed sourdough bread in a large mixing bowl, add both cream and butter mixtures. Mix well.
- Butter a 13 x 9-inch baking dish and place half of bread mixture at the bottom. Layer eggplant slices on top of the bread and sprinkle with ¾ cup of grated Parmesan.
- Place roasted peppers on top of cheese and cover with remaining half of the bread mixture. Sprinkle remaining ¾ cup of parmesan over top and bake at 350º F for 50-60 minutes, until a skewer placed in the center comes out clean. Slice and serve.