This Adagio® Baby Eggplant Dip also makes a great stuffing for ravioli.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Heat a large non-stick pan over medium/high heat. Add diced bacon and cook until crisp (about 5 minutes). Remove pan from heat.
- Drain bacon through a fine mesh strainer and return bacon fat to the pan. Place eggplants in the pan, cut side down, and place in preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and turn eggplants over, they should be nicely browned. Return pan to the oven and cook for 15 minutes. Remove eggplants from pan and set aside to cool for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make pita toasts. Raise oven temperature to 400ºF. Rub both pitas with cut side of lemon and sprinkle with ½ tsp. of kosher salt. Spray 2 baking sheets with non-stick spray and place pita pieces on trays. Bake for 6 or 7 minutes or until lightly browned on the bottom.
- Place a fine mesh strainer over a bowl and scoop the flesh out of cooked eggplant. Push down gently on eggplant pulp to remove most of the water.
- Place pulp in a blender with garlic, Parmesan, sherry vinegar, Italian parsley, garlic and 1 tsp. of kosher salt. Purée well. Add Mascarpone cheese and pulse to incorporate.
- Place in a bowl and add reserved bacon bits. Serve with pita toasts.
Recipe Created By
Award Winning Food & Hospitality Consultant at SOL Kitchen – Vancouver, British Columbia