A flaky, hearty Campari Tomato Pot Pie, easily made vegetarian for a warm meal on a cool day.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat and add onion. Sauté for 5 minutes and add mushrooms. Sauté for additional 5 minutes and add sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, oregano and kosher salt. Stir and add Campari Tomatoes.
- In a small bowl whisk together chicken stock and flour, removing lumps. Add to skillet. Stir well, allowing mixture to thicken and bubble (approx. 7 minutes).
- Add cooked potatoes and mix well.
- Transfer hot mixture to 1½ quarts casserole dish. Arrange puff pastry on top and trim to ½-inch beyond rim. Turn edges under and brush top with beaten egg.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake for about 25 minutes or until pastry is golden.
- Cool for 15 minutes and serve.
Recipe Created By
Award Winning Food & Hospitality Consultant at SOL Kitchen – Vancouver, British Columbia