Dungeness crab stuffed Tomatoes on the Vine, with our Fresco® Mini Cucumber and chervil aioli. Beautiful, succulent, easy. A mouthwatering appetizer that is sure to switch things up at your next gathering.
- Mix sour cream and mayonnaise together using a whisk.
- Finely chop parsley with tarragon leaves, save a few for presentation.
- Add to sour cream and mayonnaise. Season with lemon juice and finely grated lemon zest.
- Cut tomatoes from the vine using scissors, leaving the green stem for presentation.
- Lightly crisscross the bottom of the tomato skin.
- Place tomatoes into boiling water for 15 seconds. Remove with a small strainer and shock in iced water.
- Using a small knife remove the skin being careful to have the green stem intact.
- Cut the top quarter off of the tomato. Scoop out seeds using a small spoon – reserve until required.
- Peel cucumber. Cut ¼ of the cucumber into ½ cm dice.
- Using a mandolin, cut the remaining cucumber into a long “spaghetti” strands.
- Season with a pinch of salt and chopped chervil. Marinate for 1 hour before use.
- Bind the crab meat, diced cucumber, gusto pepper and chopped chives with a table spoon of the chervil aioli. Adjust seasoning with salt, pepper and lemon juice.
- Fill tomatoes with crab mix and place the top back on.
- Twist cucumber spaghetti onto a fork to produce a tidy bundle. Place onto service plate. Spoon on chervil aioli in small amounts. Garnish with the reserved chervil sprigs. Place filled tomatoes into center of the plate.