Dungeness crab stuffed Tomatoes on the Vine, with our Fresco® Mini Cucumber and chervil aioli. Beautiful, succulent, easy. A mouthwatering appetizer that is sure to switch things up at your next gathering.
- Mix sour cream and mayonnaise together using a whisk.
- Finely chop parsley with tarragon leaves, save a few for presentation.
- Add to sour cream and mayonnaise. Season with lemon juice and finely grated lemon zest.
- Cut tomatoes from the vine using scissors, leaving the green stem for presentation.
- Lightly crisscross the bottom of the tomato skin.
- Place tomatoes into boiling water for 15 seconds. Remove with a small strainer and shock in iced water.
- Using a small knife remove the skin being careful to have the green stem intact.
- Cut the top quarter off of the tomato. Scoop out seeds using a small spoon – reserve until required.
- Peel cucumber. Cut ¼ of the cucumber into ½ cm dice.
- Using a mandolin, cut the remaining cucumber into a long “spaghetti” strands.
- Season with a pinch of salt and chopped chervil. Marinate for 1 hour before use.
- Bind the crab meat, diced cucumber, gusto pepper and chopped chives with a table spoon of the chervil aioli. Adjust seasoning with salt, pepper and lemon juice.
- Fill tomatoes with crab mix and place the top back on.
- Twist cucumber spaghetti onto a fork to produce a tidy bundle. Place onto service plate. Spoon on chervil aioli in small amounts. Garnish with the reserved chervil sprigs. Place filled tomatoes into center of the plate.
Recipe Created By
Award Winning Food & Hospitality Consultant at SOL Kitchen – Vancouver, British Columbia