Super yummy Maestro® Sweet Bell Pepper Corn Chowder, garnished with a simple salsa with a kick.
Corn Pepper Chowder
- In a medium pot, cook together red onions, maple bacon and butter over medium heat.
- After 7-10 minutes, once onions and bacon are caramelized (deep golden brown), add flour and cook for additional 3 minutes.
- Add yellow Maestro® Sweet Bell Peppers, corn and yams.
- Add chicken stock and cream. Cook until vegetables are tender and soup is thick and velvety.
- Add chicken.
Roasted Hot Pepper & Black Bean Salsa
- Mix together Gusto® Hot Peppers, drained black beans, green onion and juice of 1 lime.
- Garnish bowl of soup with 1-2 tablespoons of the Hot Pepper and Black Bean Salsa. Serve with crusty roll or toasted sourdough. Serve and enjoy.
*Chicken thighs/breasts are best but can be substituted with baby shrimp or bay scallops. Whole milk can be used as a light substitute for cream. Vegetable stock can be used in place of chicken stock.