Taco Tuesday is about to be brought to the next level with Windsets Pickled Hot Pepper and Chicken Tacos!
Braised Chicken Mole
- Season chicken thighs with a large pinch of salt and sear the chicken in a pan until golden brown. Add in equal parts mole paste (1 tub) and water. Simmer for 30 minutes till chicken is tender and falling apart.
- Season with ½ cup lime juice and let cool.
Fermented Gusto® Hot Peppers
- Toss 1 lb Gusto® Hot Peppers in 2 tsp salt and place in a zip-lock bag at room temperature for 4-5 days. Place in the fridge until ready to use.
- Mix 2 lbs cabbage, 1 lb carrots, 1 bunch cilantro and a large pinch of salt together.
- Combine ½ cup lime juice, ½ cup honey, 1 cup olive oil and a large pinch of salt together. Toss the slaw together and season with slaw vinaigrette.
Pickled Fresco® Mini Cucumbers
- Heat 2 cups rice wine vinegar and 2 cups honey together and pour over 4 sliced cucumbers. Let sit for 24 hours and place in fridge until ready for use.
Pickled Dolce® Sweet Mini Peppers
- Boil 1 ½ cups white wine vinegar, ¾ cup sugar and ¼ cup water together. Add in a large pinch of salt.
- Pour over 2 lbs sliced Dolce® Sweet Mini Peppers and put in fridge until ready for use.
Windset Tomato Salsa
- Mix 2 cups Concertino™ Tomatoes, 1 cup diced red onion, 4 tbsp cilantro, parsley, and chives chopped, 4 tbsp lime juice, 2 tbsp olive oil, and a large pinch of salt together. Let sit for 20-30 minutes.
- Remove avocado from the skin and place in a bowl, add in 100 ml olive oil and 100 ml lime juice and mash with a fork or whisk.
- Place in a container and remove as much air as possible. Place in fridge until ready for use.
- Heat tortillas on a BBQ, stove top, oven, or pan.
- Spread Avocado Mousse on the tourtilla shells.
- Top with Braised Chicken Mole.
- Mix Fermented Fermented Gusta® Hot Peppers, Slaw, Pickled Fresco® Mini Cucumbers, and Pickled Dolce® Sweet Bell Peppers in a bowl and spread over taco.
- Top with Windset Tomato Salsa.
- Have a taco party!