A great burger that incorporates a number of Windset products: Dolce® Super Sweet Baby Bell Pepper dry rub, Maestro® Sweet Bell Pepper mayo, our Delicato® Butter lettuce and our oven-roasted Campari Tomatoes. Don’t add any salt to the rub but always season meat with sea salt or Kosher salt prior to seasoning with the rub.
- To create dry rub, dehydrate all baby bell peppers and combine dehydrated pieces with garlic powder, smoked garlic powder and cracked black pepper, using a mortar & pestle or coffee grinder (add hot pepper for extra kick).
- To roast tomatoes, preheat oven to 225°F. Halve tomatoes top to bottom. Season with kosher salt and black pepper and drizzle with olive oil. Place on a baking sheet (cut side up) and roast 2 – 4 hours (depending on oven). Do NOT char.
- Combine choice of meat with grainy mustard in a bowl. Form into patties approximately 1-inch thick and 5 inches across.
- To make the roasted bell pepper Mayo, pre-heat oven to 400°F. Roast for 1 hour. Peel and seed . Place peppers, mayo, and black pepper in a blender and blend until smooth,
- Cut red onions in half, top to bottom, and in half again (slicing thinly). Boil red wine vinegar with sugar and kosher salt, add onions and turn off heat. Cool and chop in flat leaf parsley.
- Grill patties until cooked through and melt Applewood smoked cheddar on top. Spread pepper mayo on bun, top with roasted tomatoes and pickled onions. Add butter lettuce to bottom of burger bun and add patty.