A pleasant change to a breakfast routine or nice pairing with a green salad for lunch. This Roma Tomato featured recipe can easily become vegetarian by just omitting the ham.
- Whisk eggs and water in a pie dish, season with salt and pepper.
- Assemble 4 sandwiches with bread, mayo, Roma Tomatoes, Manchego cheese and ham.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a heavy skillet over medium heat.
- Dip a sandwich in egg mixture and let stand for 1 minute. Turn bread over and repeat on other side. Dip each sandwich.
- Add sandwiches to the skillet and cook for 4 minutes or until nicely browned. Using a large spatula, carefully flip and brown on the opposite side.
- Remove from the skillet, slice in half and serve.
Recipe Created By
Award Winning Food & Hospitality Consultant at SOL Kitchen – Vancouver, British Columbia