A richly flavored, elegant soup, blending our Crescendo® Sweet Pointed Peppers and Campari tomatoes – an easy dish to cozy up to during colder weather.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Toss Crescendo® Sweet Pointed Peppers and Campari Tomatoes in a large mixing bowl, with olive oil and 1 teaspoon kosher salt.
- Cover two baking sheets with tinfoil and roast peppers and tomatoes until soft, with a little color (25-30 minutes). Remove from oven.
- Heat butter in a medium-sized pot and add red onion. Sauté over medium heat for about 5 minutes, add garlic and sun-dried tomatoes. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add roasted peppers and tomatoes (make sure to include cooking juices). Add stock and remaining kosher salt. Simmer for 8 minutes.
- Mix goat cheese with whipping cream and tarragon. Set aside.
- Purée soup in a blender and pass through a fine sieve.
- Serve with dollop of tarragon goat cheese cream.