Tired of hummus? Dip into this flavor-packed alternative for a spin on a classic!
- Preheat the oven to 425°.
- Peel garlic and cut cloves in half.
- Cut a small slit into the eggplant and stuff with one half clove of garlic each.
- Place the whole eggplants in the oven for 1 hour until they are soft and wrinkled.
- Remove eggplants from the oven and let cool for 20 minutes until they reach room temperature. When cool, cut in half and remove insides into a colander. Put a clean dish towel or paper towel on top and push out any excess liquid.
- Place eggplant in a food processor and mix in Dijon, yogurt, salt, and olive oil. Pulse until you reach a hummus like consitancy. Mix in juice from ½ a lemon.
- Portion into bowls and top with chives and Feta cheese.
- Serve with warmed flatbread and enjoy!