1.5 lb Cameo® Cherry Tomatoes on the Vine
1 pkg puff pastry
250g fresh ricotta cheese
100 ml pesto
4-6 Living Organic Basil leaves, torn
Maldon salt or sea salt, pinch
Drizzle olive oil
1 egg yolk
These savory Cameo® Cherry Tomato Tarts will be a true crowd pleaser at your next brunch! The perfect combination of tomatoes, Ricotta cheese and pesto melt together making these simple tarts impossible to resist!
- Preheat the oven to 425°F
- Cut the puff pastry into a circle 4 inches wide and place on a baking sheet.
- Brush the pastry with an egg wash of equal parts egg yolk and water, and sprinkle lightly with salt
- Remove the Cameo® Cherry Tomatoes from the vine, slice the tomatoes in half.
- Place the prepared tomatoes on the puff-pastry, cut side up, in one layer, and sprinkle salt on tomatoes
- Bake the puff pastry with the tomatoes on a baking sheet for 15-20 minutes, until tomatoes have dehydrated and pastry has cooked
- Dress with a dollop of ricotta, pesto, and fresh Living Organic Basil leaves. Season the top liberally with salt. Enjoy!