This recipe is 100% drool worthy! Creamy risotto with charred Gusto® Shishito Peppers, crispy bacon and a sprinkle of fresh Parmesan cheese – this dish will be the next big hit at your dinner parties!
- Grill the peppers on high heat until blistered and charred.
- Cook bacon on medium high heat until crisp. Chop to bite sized pieces.
- Heat pan over low heat and add oil to heat. Add onions and cover to keep onions moist. Cook until the onions are translucent and soft but have not started to brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add in rice and toast lightly
- Add white wine and stir until it is all absorbed.
- Add in water or stock 1/3rd at a time, adding more in as it gets absorbed by the rice.
- When all the water or stock is almost gone, taste the rice for texture, turn the heat off when the rice is at desired texture.
- Finish risotto with grated Parmesan, butter, chives and salt. Stir aggressively to emulsify.
- Lay the risotto on the plate and top with the bacon and shishito peppers. Finish with freshly grated Parmesan.
Recipe Created By
Owner, Chef of Fable Kitchen, Vancouver BC