Zesty Windset Pepper Jelly recipe showcases our amazing peppers: Maestro® Bell Peppers, Crescendo® Sweet Pointed Peppers, and Dolce® Baby Bell Peppers. A tasty addition for any soft cheese or grilled meat. Yields 5 ½ pint jars of jelly.
- Cut peppers into 1-inch pieces and in a food processor chop very finely (remember to remove the hot pepper seeds – they’re HOT!).
- Transfer chopped peppers to a deep pot, add sugar, vinegar, and bring to a boil, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
- Stir in pectin and boil over moderately high heat, stirring, until it reaches the jelly stage (222ºF on a candy thermometer).
- Transfer the jelly to sterilized Mason-type jars, filling the jars within ¼ inch of the tops.
- Run a clean silicone spatula between the jelly and the sides of the jars to eliminate air bubbles. Wipe the rims with a dampened towel and seal the jars.