This Maestro® Sweet Bell Pepper Torta Rustica makes for an easy and excellent brunch!
- Pre-heat oven to 375ºF and butter an 8×8-inch baking dish.
- Heat skillet to medium-low. Wilt spinach in 1 tbsp of butter and season with salt. Transfer to a strainer and cool. Squeeze spinach dry and chop.
- Heat remaining 1 tbsp of butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add peppers, shallot and sauté for 3 minutes. Remove from heat and add spinach, 1 ½ cups of Fontina cheese and mix.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, cream and salt and pepper.
- To assemble the Torta, place baguette slices on the bottom of the baking dish, covering the bottom. Spread Maestro® Sweet Bell Pepper mixture over the bottom slices. Pour egg mixture over peppers and spinach. Sprinkle remaining Fontina cheese on top.
- Set in the center of the oven and bake until golden (about 50 minutes).
- Remove from the oven and serve.