This beautiful Cameo® Tomato Cauliflower Cake can be made a few days ahead of serving time and reheated. It tastes even better the next day!
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Steam or roast cauliflower for approx. 12 minutes, or until tender.
- In a small skillet, warm the butter and olive oil over medium heat and sauté the garlic for 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool. Transfer the garlic to a large bowl, add the eggs and basil and whisk well. Add flour, baking powder, turmeric, Parmesan, salt and pepper. Whisk until smooth before adding the cauliflower and tomatoes, stir gently so the florets do not break apart.
- Spray a 9 1/2-inch/24-cm spring-form cake pan with cooking spray. Pour the cauliflower mixture into the pan, spreading it evenly.
- Place in the center of the oven and bake for 40 to 45 minutes, until golden brown and set; to ensure it is fully cooked, insert a knife into the center of the cake. It should come out clean when finished.
- Remove from oven and leave for at least 20 minutes before serving. It needs to be served just warm, or at room temperature, rather than hot.
Recipe Created By
Award Winning Food & Hospitality Consultant at SOL Kitchen – Vancouver, British Columbia