Soprano® Strawberries paired with Living Organic basil, black pepper and Grand Marnier make up this sweet and flavorful Sabayon. This dessert offers many layers of flavor, from delicate to bold.
- Cut medium Soprano® Strawberries into halves and the larger strawberries into quarters.
- Place all ingredients into a bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and leave at room temperature for 1 -2 hours.
- Place all of the ingredients for the sabayon in a heat proof bowl.
- Using a balloon whisk or electric hand held whisk, whisk over a pan of simmering water until the sabayon has tripled in volume and is light golden color. This will take approximately 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and continue whisking until room temperature.
- Lightly fold in whipped cream. Reserve in the fridge until required.
- Scatter marinated strawberries onto serving plate. Spoon sabayon over top.
- Optional: using a blow torch, quickly glaze the sabayon to a deep golden brown color.
- Finish with plucked mint and basil leaves.