A sweet and spicy twist on a classic, the Soprano® Strawberries balance the feisty kick of mixed hot peppers for ribs that are anything but roadhouse. Ideal for small plate tapas.
- Lightly caramelize onion, fennel, and celery in the oil.
- Add the dry spices and toast for 2-3 minutes.
- Add all remaining ingredients. Simmer for 1 hour.
- Purée and pass through sieve. Reduce passed glaze to required consistency.
- Place ribs in a large pan. Cover with cold water. Add a teaspoon of salt.
- Place on a high heat and bring to the boil. Remove from water. Discard the boiled water.
- Return ribs to the pan. Add enough water to cover by 1 inch.
- Add all ingredients. Bring the ribs to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until tender. Approximately 1 to 1½ hours.
- Allow ribs to cool in the liquid for ½ hour. Remove and place onto a bake tray lined with parchment paper.
- Brush ribs with stawberries hot pepper glaze.
- Place into pre-heated oven at 350°F.
- Brush ribs using a pastry brush with the glaze every 10 to 15 minutes.
- Bake for 1 to 1½ hours or until well glazed.
- Cut rack into individual ribs apply reserved glaze and garnish with slivered hot peppers and Soprano® Strawberries.