Roasted Maestro® Sweet Bell Pepper, Concerto® Grape Tomato and Adagio® Baby Eggplant purée.
Eggplant & Roasted Garlic Puree
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F.
- Wrap garlic in tin foil and roast for 30 – 45 minutes, do not remove the skin.
- Cut eggplants in quarters length-wise.
- Season the eggplant with kosher salt, olive oil and cracked pepper and roast in the same oven for 30 minutes. You are looking for caramelized edges (golden brown) and tender flesh.
- Squeeze the golden soft roasted garlic out of its skin.
- Scrape the flesh of the eggplants off their skins.
- Purée the garlic and the eggplant together in a food processor with olive oil, salt, pepper and the sliced green onions.
- Cut the cucumbers in half length-wise and then slice thinly on the bias.
- Cut the tomatoes in half.
- Mix the cucumbers with the tomatoes and the Salsa Verde.
- Garnish with cilantro.
- In a warm oven, (200°F) over night, lay out Maestro® Sweet Bell Peppers until dry.
- Puree with equal parts coarse sea salt.
- Pan sear the scallops in a hot pan with Canola oil at medium heat. Cook for 2 minutes per side.
- Garnish with dehydrated bell peppers mixed with sea salt.
- When the scallops are cooked, serve them on the warm eggplant purée and garnish with the tomato and cucumber salsa.
- Serve with wedges of fresh lemon and cilantro leaves.