For the dog days of summer, these Maestro® Sweet Bell Pepper Salad Rolls make for a no-cook, fast and delicious lunch or dinner.
Ginger Lime Dipping Sauce
- Combine lime juice, Thai fish sauce, ginger, garlic and sweet chili sauce in a small bowl and mix well.
- Boil a kettle full of water. Place rice noodles in a large bowl and pour in water until noodles are completely submerged. Let sit covered for about 5-7 minutes or until tender, then drain and rinse in cold water. Set aside.
- Pour remaining hot water (you may need to boil more) onto a large baking sheet until three-quarters full. Place a clean cotton tea towel beside the baking sheet. Gently place one of the rice papers into the water and press down to completely cover the paper to soften it. Remove and place rice paper on the tea towel to blot. Now, we’re ready to roll!
- Place one lettuce leaf in the middle of the wrapper. Top with one-eighth of the bell peppers, tomatoes, cucumbers, shrimp, chicken, rice noodles, peanuts, spring onions, Thai basil, mint and cilantro.
- To roll salad rolls, press down on filling, fold the bottom of wrapper over filling, then fold in sides; roll tightly. Press edges to seal; if rice paper is too dry to form a proper seal, moisten unsealed edges with a little water. Set rolls on a platter and cover with a damp towel. Repeat with remaining rice wrappers.
- To serve, cut the rolls lengthwise and serve with the dipping sauce.