This rich and dense Adagio® Baby Eggplant Soufflé is more rustic than most. This can be a delicious appetizer or a special brunch or lunch dish when served with a green salad.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Heat a large skillet over med/high heat and add the olive oil. Add eggplants and season with the kosher salt. Sauté until nicely browned, about 7 minutes. Add the garlic and cumin and sauté for another 2 minutes.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and transfer the Eggplants to a food processor. Add the Dijon, the egg yolks and the Fontina. Puree eggplant mixture and transfer to a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, butter 4 – 6 ounce ramekins.
- In a large bowl, beat the egg whites with a pinch of salt until firm peaks form. Fold one-third of the beaten egg whites into the eggplant mixture, and then fold in the remaining whites until just combined. Scrape into the prepared ramekins and sprinkle with the Parmesan.
- Bake in the upper third of the oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until puffed and just firm. Serve immediately.