A gorgeous and tasty wrap for your favorite prawns using Fresco® Seedless Cucumbers like you’ve never used them before.
- Place all ingredients for the court bouillon into a pan and bring to a simmer
- Blanch prawns for 2 minutes in the simmering court bouillon
- Remove from court bouillon using a slotted spoon or spider. Chill on tray in fridge – peel once cold
- Using a mandolin, cut one of cucumbers into fine spaghetti. Add chopped fennel tops, zest from ¼ lemon and a small pinch of salt. Marinade until required.
- Cut remaining cucumber length-wise into approx. 1 cm thick ribbons. Place into a mixing bowl. Add the sliced garlic clove and a pinch of salt. Toss well and marinade for 1 hour.
- Once marinated, dry the cucumber between kitchen paper towels or a clean tea towel to remove excess moisture.
- Using a hot grill pan, char the cucumber ribbons in a criss-cross fashion on both sides.
- Place the charred cucumber into blender with egg yolks and horseradish, blend until smooth.
- Slowly incorporate the olive oil in the same fashion as making mayonnaise. Add Greek yogurt and correct the seasoning with salt, pepper and lemon juice.
- Push aioli through a fine sieve and reserve in the fridge until required.
- Tightly wrap cucumber noodles completely around peeled prawn tails.
- Spoon aioli into a shot glass. Sprinkle with a little smoked paprika – Serve on a plate with the wrapped prawns.